creative commons licensed ( BY-NC ) flickr photo shared by J. Stephen Conn
Here’s a quick look at what’s coming up this week:
- In BUS 100-01 this week, we’ll finish our discussion of business organizations by looking at corporations and LLCs, and on Thursday, we’ll review for next week’s test.
- In BUS 100-80, we’ll look at forms of business ownership.
- In BUS 263-01, we’ll discuss criminal law on Tuesday and begin our study of contract law on Thursday.
- In BUS 263-80, we’ll discuss criminal law.
- In PRL 101, we’ll have our first test on Tuesday and then rearrange the calendar a bit to push some due dates back and look at civil litigation and procedure on Thursday.
creative commons licensed ( BY-ND ) flickr photo shared by derekgio
Here’s a quick look at what’s coming up this week:
- In BUS 100-01 this week, we’ll look at business communication and start discussing business formation.
- In BUS 100-80 we’ll discuss business communication.
- In BUS 263-01, we’ll review on Tuesday and have the first test on Thursday.
- In BUS 263-80, we’ll discuss constitutional law.
- In PRL 101, we’ll discuss court systems and Alternative Dispute resolution on Tuesday and review for the first test on Thursday.
creative commons licensed ( BY-NC ) flickr photo shared by Elizabeth Haslam
Here’s what’s happening this week:
In BUS 100-80 (Introduction to business online) and BUS 263-80 (Legal & social environment of business online), we’re moving from Blackboard’s blog tool to the discussion forum as a result of user interface problems. You should have gotten an email from me about the change last week. In BUS 263-80, we’ll be looking at ethics this week, and in BUS 100-80, we’ll be looking at business law.
In BUS 100-01 (f2f), we’ll be spending the week looking at a topic near and dear to my heart, business law. We’ll be looking at contracts and torts on Tuesday and more on torts and intellectual property on Thursday.
In BUS 263-01 (f2f), we’ll be discussing the US Constitution. We’ll look at powers granted to Congress on Tuesday and limits on state action on Thursday.
In PRL 101, don’t forget that the final, graded version of your first brief assignment is due tomorrow. We’ll talk about technology on Tuesday and the US Constitution on Thursday.
Have a good week!
creative commons licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Benimoto
Hi everyone. Here’s a quick round-up of what we’ll be doing this week:
- BUS 100-01: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at business and the environment in which it operates. Thursday we’ll look at economics.
- BUS 100-80: I’ll be posting about economics later today, and Wednesday I’ll post about global trade. Be sure to keep up with Coursemate and your own blogging.
- BUS 263-01: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at law and legal reasoning. Thursday we’ll have a look at court systems in the US.
- BUS 263-80: On Wednesday I’ll post about law and legal reasoning and court systems. Be sure to keep up with the chapter quizzes and your own blogging.
- PRL 101: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at the paralegal profession. Thursday we’ll start learning about legal research.
creative commons licensed ( BY-SA ) flickr photo shared by WaywardShinobi
Welcome to the fall semester of 2014 everyone. I’m back in the office, and classes start Wednesday, August 20. The links in the header above will take you to the pages for the courses I’m teaching, where you’ll find information about each course. I’ll post syllabi there as I put the last finishing touches on them, and links to Blackboard for those of you taking inline sections.
Have a good semester, and I’ll see you soon!
cc licensed ( BY NC SA ) flickr photo shared by Thomas
I’m back in the office and getting ready for the semester. The first day of the semester is Wednesday January 8, and I’ll be teaching the following classes, syllabi for which will be available here soon:
- BUS 100-01, Introduction to Business, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10—11:15am
- BUS 263-01, Legal & Social Environment of Business, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:30am—12:45pm
- ENG 101-05, English Composition I, Mondays & Wednesdays, 1:15—2:30pm
- ENG 101-06, English Composition I, Mondays & Wednesdays, 2:45—4pm
- ENG 101-07, English Composition I, Mondays & Wednesdays, 4:30—5:45pm
cc licensed ( BY SA ) flickr photo shared by H Matthew Howarth
Hi everyone–welcome back for another fall semester. I’m back in the office and getting ready for the start of classes next week.
This semester I’ll be teaching Eng 101-05 and ENG 101-07 (Mondays and Wednesdays at 10am and 11:30am, respectively), Bus 100-01 (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am), BUS 263 (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:30am), and PRL 101 (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:30pm). Look for syllabuses and updated links in the navigation bar above early next week.
cc licensed ( BY NC ) flickr photo shared by WilliamMarlow
Well, that’s it for the semester, everyone. Grades are in and the office is closed up. I’m not teaching this summer, so I won’t be back until August,
Have a good summer!
Fall semester starts Monday, August 27, and I’m back on campus and in the office. I’ve moved, so if you’re looking for me, I’m in office 2618 (across the hall from my old office).
If you’re in one of my face-to-face classes, the links in the header menu will take you to the information page for those classes (I’ll post a syllabus for each class on Monday).
If you’re in one of my online classes, BUS 100-80 or BUS 263-80, the links above will take you to the blogs for those classes, where you’ll find regular updates, course materials, and of course the syllabus.
Have a good semester.
Career Services will be offering a Business Etiquette Dining Workshop and Orientation on Tuesday, April 3rd & 10th. If you would like to participate, return the attached RSVP form below to the Career Services office or call them for more information at 391-5874.
2012 Business etiquette dining workshop RSVP