creative commons licensed ( BY-ND ) flickr photo shared by derekgio
Here’s a quick look at what’s coming up this week:
- In BUS 100-01 this week, we’ll look at business communication and start discussing business formation.
- In BUS 100-80 we’ll discuss business communication.
- In BUS 263-01, we’ll review on Tuesday and have the first test on Thursday.
- In BUS 263-80, we’ll discuss constitutional law.
- In PRL 101, we’ll discuss court systems and Alternative Dispute resolution on Tuesday and review for the first test on Thursday.
creative commons licensed ( BY-NC ) flickr photo shared by Elizabeth Haslam
Here’s what’s happening this week:
In BUS 100-80 (Introduction to business online) and BUS 263-80 (Legal & social environment of business online), we’re moving from Blackboard’s blog tool to the discussion forum as a result of user interface problems. You should have gotten an email from me about the change last week. In BUS 263-80, we’ll be looking at ethics this week, and in BUS 100-80, we’ll be looking at business law.
In BUS 100-01 (f2f), we’ll be spending the week looking at a topic near and dear to my heart, business law. We’ll be looking at contracts and torts on Tuesday and more on torts and intellectual property on Thursday.
In BUS 263-01 (f2f), we’ll be discussing the US Constitution. We’ll look at powers granted to Congress on Tuesday and limits on state action on Thursday.
In PRL 101, don’t forget that the final, graded version of your first brief assignment is due tomorrow. We’ll talk about technology on Tuesday and the US Constitution on Thursday.
Have a good week!
creative commons licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Benimoto
Hi everyone. Here’s a quick round-up of what we’ll be doing this week:
- BUS 100-01: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at business and the environment in which it operates. Thursday we’ll look at economics.
- BUS 100-80: I’ll be posting about economics later today, and Wednesday I’ll post about global trade. Be sure to keep up with Coursemate and your own blogging.
- BUS 263-01: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at law and legal reasoning. Thursday we’ll have a look at court systems in the US.
- BUS 263-80: On Wednesday I’ll post about law and legal reasoning and court systems. Be sure to keep up with the chapter quizzes and your own blogging.
- PRL 101: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at the paralegal profession. Thursday we’ll start learning about legal research.
This week we’re looking at marketing and product design. Last week Taco Bell introduced a new breakfast menu. Taco Bell’s chief marketing officer Chris Brandt described their product strategy by saying
The breakfast sandwich hasn’t changed 40 years, and we think this breaks that paradigm.
Have you seen Taco Bell’s new breakfast menu? What challenges does Taco Bell face breaking into the already-crowded fast-food breakfast market? Is this brand extension consistent with Taco Bell’s image?
How about Taco Bell’s ad campaign? Is this an effective promotional message? (Hint: try to count how many times they mention the name of their competitor in 50 seconds):
The SOAR Institute offers Student Success Seminars on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 1:30 to provide helpful information on the following topics:
- Instructional Technology Jump Start:
Navigating MyShelton, Blackboard, and Smarthinking
Social Media and Careers
Tuesday, February 4, and Wednesday, February 5
Tuesday, February 11, and Wednesday, February 12
Tuesday, February 18, and Wednesday, February 19
Tuesday, February 25, and Wednesday, February 26
- Managing Personal Finances:
Saving vs. Spending
Avoiding Credit Card Traps
Where does your paycheck go?
Tuesday, March 4, and Wednesday, March 5
Tuesday, March 11, and Wednesday, March 12
Tuesday, March 18, and Wednesday, March 19
- Communication Counts:
Do’s and Don’ts of Communication with Faculty, Staff, and Employers
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication Skills
Are you résumé ready?
Tuesday, April 1, and Wednesday, April 2
Tuesday, April 8, and Wednesday, April 9
Tuesday, April 15, and Wednesday, April 16
Tuesday, April 22, and Wednesday, April 23 (
The SOAR Institute offers Technology Basics seminars every Monday from 1:00 – 2:00, which provide an opportunity for students to get one-on-one or small group assistance with basic technology tasks such as attaching a file to an email, formatting documents, and more.
The full tech support cheat sheet from today’s class, courtesy of Randall Munroe: