creative commons licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Benimoto
Hi everyone. Here’s a quick round-up of what we’ll be doing this week:
- BUS 100-01: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at business and the environment in which it operates. Thursday we’ll look at economics.
- BUS 100-80: I’ll be posting about economics later today, and Wednesday I’ll post about global trade. Be sure to keep up with Coursemate and your own blogging.
- BUS 263-01: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at law and legal reasoning. Thursday we’ll have a look at court systems in the US.
- BUS 263-80: On Wednesday I’ll post about law and legal reasoning and court systems. Be sure to keep up with the chapter quizzes and your own blogging.
- PRL 101: Tuesday we’ll form teams and look at the paralegal profession. Thursday we’ll start learning about legal research.
The video from the slide 6:
The SOAR Institute offers Student Success Seminars on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 1:30 to provide helpful information on the following topics:
- Instructional Technology Jump Start:
Navigating MyShelton, Blackboard, and Smarthinking
Social Media and Careers
Tuesday, February 4, and Wednesday, February 5
Tuesday, February 11, and Wednesday, February 12
Tuesday, February 18, and Wednesday, February 19
Tuesday, February 25, and Wednesday, February 26
- Managing Personal Finances:
Saving vs. Spending
Avoiding Credit Card Traps
Where does your paycheck go?
Tuesday, March 4, and Wednesday, March 5
Tuesday, March 11, and Wednesday, March 12
Tuesday, March 18, and Wednesday, March 19
- Communication Counts:
Do’s and Don’ts of Communication with Faculty, Staff, and Employers
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication Skills
Are you résumé ready?
Tuesday, April 1, and Wednesday, April 2
Tuesday, April 8, and Wednesday, April 9
Tuesday, April 15, and Wednesday, April 16
Tuesday, April 22, and Wednesday, April 23 (
The SOAR Institute offers Technology Basics seminars every Monday from 1:00 – 2:00, which provide an opportunity for students to get one-on-one or small group assistance with basic technology tasks such as attaching a file to an email, formatting documents, and more.
Since we had some technical difficulties in class today, here’s the whole slide deck: