creative commons licensed ( BY-NC-ND ) flickr photo shared by Xosé Castro
In class last night, I mentioned Matthew Butterick’s Practical Typography website. It has a wealth of useful information about creating effective, professional-looking documents (including research papers, résumés and presentations) and practical tips for type composition and page layout (including how to make a signature block that won’t break awkwardly across pages).
I’ve also created a quick-reference table of useful special characters and spaces. I’ve set it as both a single column on 8.5 × 11 paper and as two tables for a 4 × 6 index card:
creative commons licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Ken_Mayer
Read the following assignment and use the will form provided to create a will for the client. Be sure to add a self-proving affidavit that complies with Alabama law to the end so that the will is self-proving and will therefore be more easily probated.
creative commons licensed ( BY-NC-SA ) flickr photo shared by saamiblog
Here’s what we’ll be doing in class this week:
- In BUS 100-01, we’ll study small business and entrepreneurship on Tuesday and accounting on Thursday.
- In BUS 100-80, It’s midterm week. Take your exam sometime between this Wednesday, February 25 and midnight next Tuesday, March 3.
- In BUS 263-01, we’ll finish up contract breach and remedies on Tuesday and start on the UCC on Thursday.
- In BUS 263-80, we’ll look at the UCC.
- In PRL 101, I’ll give feedback on your complaint assignment drafts, we’ll discuss tort law, and then review for next week’s test.
Complaint assignment materials:
creative commons licensed ( BY-NC-ND ) flickr photo shared by Mark Kaletka
Happy Presidents’ Day everyone. Here’s what’s happening in class this week:
- In BUS 100-01, we have our first test on Tuesday, and then on Thursday, we look at small businesses and entrepreneurship.
- In BUS 100-80, We’ll look at small business and entrepreneurship.
- In BUS 263-01, we’ll finish contract formation on Tuesday and then on Thursday we’ll start looking at contract performance, breach, and remedies.
- In BUS 263-80, we’ll look at contract formation and contract remedies.
- In PRL 101, we’ll look at civil litigation and criminal law and procedure. We’ll also get started on the draft of the complain assignment.
Presidents’ Day trivia: the official federal holiday is Washington’s Birthday, but never falls on Washington’s actual birthday; the holiday in Alabama is George Washington’s and Thomas Jefferson’s (but not Lincoln’s) Birthday, even though Jefferson was born in April.
creative commons licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Joe Lanman
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- In BUS 100-01, we’ll finish business organizations on Tuesday and review for the test on Thursday.
- In BUS 100-80, we’ll study business organizations.
- In BUS 263-01, we’ll study criminal law on Tuesday and start contract law on Thursday.
- In BUS 263-80, we’ll study criminal law.
- In PRL 101, the final draft of Brief 1 is due at the beginning of class and then we’ll have our first test.